Shalva-Hapoel Jerusalem Basketball Team: A Community of Equals
The Shalva Basketball team is part of Hapoel Jerusalem National basketball association’s youth league. The basketball team is a forum for players to develop important motor skills, like coordination and stamina, as well as social skills that are essential for facilitating teamwork and performance. The valuable Shalva-Jerusalem partnership is based on a mutual appreciation for the social inclusion of individuals with disabilities.
- Weekly practices led by a Hapoel Jerusalem coach
- Games against basketball teams of teens with typical developmental patterns
- Hapoel Jerusalem dedicates their annual Chanukah basketball game to Shalva
- Shalva’s presence at the Hapoel games helps breach socio-cultural stigmas
- Social inclusion and bonding over a common passion