Team Shalva is a fun-filled, Jerusalem experience, as well as a unique and dedicated training program that unites runners of all backgrounds and ages, helping them prepare to run, walk or a combination of the two in the annual Jerusalem Marathon. Team Shalva is committed to getting you to the finish line of your track goal; full marathon, half marathon, 10K or 5K. During the training process, runners raise money for Shalva, the Israel Association for the Care and Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities.
Running side by side in Shalva running gear, Shalva’s team of children with disabilities and marathon runners represent a beautiful demonstration of a community that promotes health, inclusion, and the celebration of life.
Team Shalva FAQ’s
Team Shalva is the ultimate win-win experience. You get the reward of choosing a goal and crossing your finish line with a well-earned sense of accomplishment. You get to help thousands of Shalva children and their family members get all the services and support they need, all while being a part of the Jerusalem Marathon’s largest team and everything that entails (parties, friendships and many amazing experiences).
For more information on the marathon course, or for anything related to the actual marathon, please visit the Jerusalem Marathon website.
- The 800-meter community race was a Shalva initiative that started 10 years ago.
- Today it’s the track for thousands of children, soldiers and community members running side by side with children with disabilities.
- When the need for a disability-accessible track arose it was Shalva who answered the call by launching the Community Race together with the city of Jerusalem. Through our efforts, runners of all abilities now run together as a symbol of a unified and accepting culture.
- Team Shalva runners are encouraged to join the Community Run either pre or post their race, for a most inspiring experience.
All runners commit to a 1,200 NIS fundraising minimum.
You will be pleasantly surprised to see that fundraising for Shalva is not difficult and it is even fun! When people hear about your undertaking and dedicated commitment to Shalva and the wonderful organization it is, they are very supportive and receptive to making a donation.
An unparalleled day of fun and inspiration, meeting amazing people, and making new friends, all of whom are uniting for Shalva’s children.
Once you have reached your minimum fundraising requirement, the Team Shalva experience includes:
- Pre-race Pasta Party and post-race Victory Celebration
- Guaranteed race admission and payment of all the associated fees
- Team Shalva swag bag, a Team Shalva wicking t-shirt and the official Jerusalem Marathon t-shirt
- A meaningful and informative tour of the Shalva National Center
- Fundraising tools: A personal fundraising web page, sample fundraising and thank you letters, fundraising tips and ideas, and detailed lists of donations received
Yes, all runners will have their own fundraising page on Shalva’s GIVE platform – https://give.shalva.org/all.php
Donations can be made in US$, CDN$, GBP, and NIS.